Quality Assurance Manager (Closed)
You may be a good fit for our team if you identify with the following:
- You are comfortable in a fast paced agile development environment.
- You've been called a perfectionist - and it makes you smile.
- In development, you have seen way too much process, not enough process, and you're looking for a nice happy medium.
- You pride yourself on being able to break things effortlessly. As if they just break in your presence.
- The sight of you sends a Software Engineer running back to his desk to double check his code.
- You don't have misspellings on your resume.
- The buck stops with you.
- Manage, grow and mentor a team of Quality Assurance Specialists and Engineers.
- Work closely with internal groups such as Product Management, Software Engineering and Release Management to deliver high quality monthly product releases.
- Establish, track and report Quality Assurance metrics.
- Help create a QA Automation roadmap, recruit & manage QA automation Engineers and execute on the roadmap.
- Lead the QA Team on developing test strategies and plans that cover various product areas.
- Continuously improve on existing QA processes and QA infrastructure to increase team's productivity and overall quality of the product.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering required.
- 5+ years in Quality Assurance working within software industry in an Agile development environment building web based systems.
- Leadership experience building and managing world-class QA teams.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams with a solid track record of delivering quality products on schedule.
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal and written): ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical coworkers and customers.
- Excellent Project Management and Coordination Skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, takes initiative and invites responsibility; comfortable in an unstructured, fast-paced environment.
- Offshore QA Team management experience is a plus.
- You read this job description thoroughly and will include the word "details" in the subject line of your application.
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both the Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance