QA Automation Engineer (closed)
You'll work closely with the development team to design, implement, and maintain functional, integration and performance test cases, as well as contribute to and extend the automation infrastructure framework and load/performance testing.
Why you'll fit in:
- Your strong penchant for analysis makes you an excellent troubleshooter
- You thrive on difficult challenges and aren't afraid to take an ownership role on projects
- Pressure and time-crunch are your comfort-zone--you find that a dynamic environment isn't distracting and you have no problem testing product features as they're developed
- You don't have misspellings on your resume
What you'll be doing:
- Designing, recommending, and implementing automation framework and test environments while maintaining interoperability with existing automated unit test systems
- Organizing and reporting development progress and test results within a context of meaningful test coverage
- Establishing an understanding of application architecture to improve efficiency in automated testing
- Executing and developing regression tests through entire release cycle
- Coaching and mentoring others in automation methods and technology
You know your stuff:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent skills and work experience in an engineering discipline
- 3-5 years experience delivering automated test systems
- Familiarity with SQL
- Some experience utilizing VM environment and automated environment configuration systems
- Experience working in an agile methodology
- Fluent in a scripting language and Selenium
- You've been involved in automated testing of web-based, consumer-facing e-commerce applications
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Our headquarters are in the north end of the Silicon Valley, right next to the San Francisco Bay. Getting here is a breeze, too. We're close to the Caltrain station and we pay for your tickets with the GO Pass program.
- The team is as diverse as it is skilled: talented designers, superstar engineers, Silicon Valley vets, and entrepreneurs galore.
- We like to be happy. Especially in the post-work hour-long format.
- There's enough free food and drink at hand to feed a small army. Plus, catered lunch on us every day.
- We're serious about being ethical and responsible citizens and business people. For example, we make a charitable donation with each product release.
- We care about results, and understand that people get there in their own unique way. You can define your own work path, work with others to set deadlines, and work from home two days a week.