Senior Product Manager (Closed)
You may be a great fit for the team if the following statements resonate:
- There's nothing better than building consumer products that are used and loved by millions....except building PROFITABLE consumer products used and loved by millions.
- You may not be a coder, but you're excited by technology and work well with engineers.
- You thrive on rapid release cycles, but sometimes true agile just doesn't cut it because you want to get that last little feature in...and this one....and wait just one more!
- You're the rare overachiever who has a healthy work-life balance too.
- You like taking an already high performing team and making the impossible happen.
- Some may call it an obsession with numbers, but you just ALWAYS know them.
- Your specifications reflect careful attention to detail and thoughtful planning.
- You won't sacrifice short term revenue for long term success at the expense of ethics.
- If you had to choose between the two, you'd opt to be David over Goliath. There's nothing like a good challenge to become number one.
- If you haven't already started your own company, perhaps someday you will. You see this as a place where you can flex your entrepreneurial muscles.
- Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to gather, synthesize and understand market requirements and define product roadmaps.
- Manages the full lifecycle of product line from market requirements to product release including: concept, scope, specifications, prioritization, design, implementation, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance.
- Lead cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment, including engineers, marketing, traffic, customer service and partners to plan and launch projects on time, on budget and on specification.
- Creates presentations and supporting documents to facilitate communication across all teams
- Acts as key product expert, evangelist and advocate for initiatives and projects
- Balances product requirements and market impact against time to market and project risks
- Incorporates customer and business partner feedback into future product requirements.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects
- MBA Preferred
- BS/BA (engineering, business, or other relevant degree)
- 5-7 years Product Management experience in a consumer internet company
- Hands on experience with all parts of the product lifecycle
- Deep understanding of business and customer use requirements and the ability to translate them into technical specifications
- Strong project management skills; organized, extremely high attention to detail, able to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both the Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance