Director, Product Management (Closed)
You may be a great fit for the team if the following statements resonate:
- When you dream of features and functionality one side of your brain thinks of engaging the user and the other side of your brain thinks how to extract profit from usage.
- You seek to have an impact on the world through your product using metrics that measure in the millions.
- You think a 1.0 product means the world is your oyster but to get it to the table requires a steady hand and an inspired recipe.
- You get excited by technology and its potential to change existing industries in new ways.
- You are comfortable at the engineering scrum table - who knows maybe you even have done a bit of coding yourself.
- You seek to excel with a focus on delivering what is priority.
- You leave time outside the office to explore your passion.
- If you cannot work with other smart, passionate, and energetic colleagues you would rather not join the company.
- You place high importance on quantitative and analytical skills.
- Your specifications reflect careful attention to detail and thoughtful planning.
- You know you are starting as the Underdog but you have a drive and passion to become the Top Dog in your market
- You are entrepreneurial - you see this job as a great foundation to growing into a GM or CEO one day.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to gather, synthesize and understand market requirements and define product roadmaps.
- Manage the full lifecycle of product line from market requirements to product release including: concept, scope, specifications, prioritization, design, implementation, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance.
- Lead cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment, including engineers, marketing, traffic, customer service and partners to plan and launch projects on time, on budget and on specification.
- Create presentations and supporting documents to facilitate communication across all teams.
- Act as key product expert, evangelist and advocate for initiatives and projects.
- Balance product requirements and market impact against time to market and project risks.
- Incorporate customer and business partner feedback into future product requirements.
- Manage, mentor, expand, and lead high-performing team of PMs.
- Collaborate with product line GM to bring the right set of focus to the product for success.
- Act in concert with Customer Support, Compliance, Operations, and Marketing teams to build out the full business platform needed for success.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
- MBA Preferred
- BS/BA (engineering, business, or other relevant degree)
- 4-7 years Product Management experience in internet markets, preferably at really great market leading company
- Hands-on experience with all parts of the product lifecycle
- Deep understanding of business and customer use requirements and the ability to translate them into execution
- Previous experience in bringing to life a version 1.0 product
- Experience in businesses with legal or compliance complexities
- Strong project management skills including great organizing skills, attention to detail, team skills that attract others to work with and for you
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both the Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance