Senior Search Engineer/Architect (closed)
Inflection, a profitable fast-growing e-commerce and marketing company, is looking for a world-class Engineer/Architect who is passionate about building ranking and relevance algorithms. Your work will be central to the performance of two of the hottest sites in the family history and people search spaces, Archives and PeopleSmart, with combined monthly traffic of nearly 10 million visits. Our products superb speed and accuracy rely on sophisticated search algorithms--we want you to be integral in making them even more powerful.
Inflection is building a phonebook for the 21st-century. In short, we need the best search in the world.
You're innovative, ingenious, and collaborative.
- Collaborate with product managers, analysts, and business stakeholders to develop strategic and tactical enhancements to search
- Use deep domain expertise in search technologies to drive innovation and contribute to each product's roadmap
- Design and implement systems and features for improving the relevance of Inflection's next-generation people search engines
- Write prototypes (or experimental frameworks), and write code to demonstrate the value of our Search enhancements
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other Search team members
- Work with a core team of some of the Silicon Valley's best engineers responsible for architecture, design and implementation of technology at Inflection to ensure that new application design fit into the existing or targeted infrastructure
You're love of Search is personal
- Look for the best metrics for search engine performance, conduct experiments, analyze results, and execute improvement
- Pin-down, evaluate, and recommend the best new search technologies and products
- Energetically lead small team to quickly and effectively bring new Search ideas to Inflection's proprietary platform
You're fast, friendly, fluent, and abundantly qualified
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science
- 5+ years in Search technologies (for structured and unstructured data) with experience in open source tools like Lucene
- Current hands-on coding capability in at at least one of the following: C# (.Net), Jave, or any other open source technology
- Deep expertise in development/integration with one of the RDBMS: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
- Proven and demonstrable experience indexing numerous data sources and building Search functionalities
- Demonstrated experience in search engine relevance measurement, testing, and tuning
- Experience developing and applying machine learning techniques for content classification and machine-learned ranking
- You thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment...
- ...BECAUSE, you have excellent interpersonal skills