Senior .NET Software Engineer
Inflection, a fast-growing and profitable technology start-up in the Silicon Valley is looking for a Senior C#, .NET Software Developer. This is a full-time position located in Redwood Shores.
The C#, .NET Software Developer will work on customer facing eCommerce solutions for Inflections's portfolio of web properties. You'll be working under the guidance of our Lead Software Architects on extending our existing .NET based frameworks.
We're looking for expertise in development of large scale .NET Web 2.0 applications in C# with SQL Server backend calls.
- Implement multiple new products and platform initiatives in a C#, .NET programming environment
- Build robust and secure ecommerce applications able to withstand a very high daily count of visitors and transactions
- Develop detailed knowledge of our existing framework and be the go-to person for our lead software architects
- Document code and procedure to hand off long term maintenance to our offshore developers
- Participating in the launch of a new platform
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering with demonstrated academic excellence
- 5+ years experience developing MS SQL Server enabled C#, .NET Web 2.0 consumer applications
- Expert level with XML and XSLT
- Comfort using .NET library with XML
- Equal comfort in C# and VB
- Have demonstrated success implementing high volume (hundreds of thousands of page views/day) .NET web applications
- Thorough understanding of core ASP.NET architecture and technologies as well as experience building web applications without the use of wizards, controls or other code generators hiding these complexities.
- Enjoy object model, data model, and web service design
- Passion for best practices in computer science disciplines, object orientation, and code reuse
- Experience in Scrum development techniques a plus as is working in a team environment where attention to source control, merging and documenting code is expected.
Benefits of working at Inflection
Inflection is focused on creating innovative new products and services within the people search industry. We're very fast-paced, hard-working, and love to have fun!
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both the Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance