Senior Data Architect (closed)
Inflection is searching for an exceptional Senior Data Architect. Our ideal candidate is excited to help harness our over 2-billion record database and enable sophisticated technology, policies, and procedures to improve our analytics and have a substantive impact on our bottom line. Inflection's profitable and growing people search and family history products, PeopleSmart.com and Archives.com, rely on Inflection's Enterprise systems and proprietary search and e-commerce infrastructure. As Inflection's Senior Data Architect, you'll have a central role in managing data that's revolutionizing the way people connect online.
You are ready to collaborate and lead:
- You're ready to take ownership of the "Data Dictionary" throughout our Enterprise systems, search, and e-commerce infrastructure and assist in developing and publishing data management standards, policies, and procedures.
- You'll collaborate with Product Managers and the Data Acquisition Team to understand the business objectives behind the various data sourcing projects and create data and dimensional modeling deliverables for Engineering Ops.
- Build mapping requirements for new data sources add to our existing records and work with the Engineering team to build data-import software applications. Working with Engineering Operations to load the data into Inflection's Production Databases and see the project through completion.
- Maintain and augment Inflection's Enterprise Data Mart(s) and actively
support Business Analytics team in identifying, refining, and producing high-quality reports to help manage the business.
You're an analytical innovator:
- Recommend and develop strategic initiatives for data growth and indexing as new data sources get integrated while maintaining high scalability
- Conduct analysis and design of data models (Conceptual, Logical and Physical) for the development and maintenance of existing Enterprise systems and Inflection's search & e-commerce infrastructure.
- Help gather and evaluate requirements for new and improved data -management tools--for data transformation, aggregation, and enterprise
application integration--and environments. Develop training and
documentation for these tools.
- Develop processes that reduce human error and automate existing manual procedures where needed. Help identify inefficiencies in the existing data feeds and work with Engineering Operations to improve the systems and processes.
- Help develop benchmarking methodologies and assist our Data Acquisition team in assessing the accuracy and quality of new data sources.
You know your stuff:
- You have at least a B.S. in an Engineering discipline
- You have at least 5 years of experience in relational and dimensional data modeling with experience in Enterprise and project-level models with an ability to understand, produce, and extend large and complex data models for operational and dimensional-reporting data stores
- You have 3-plus years of experience in large-scale data warehousing environments (in Data Modeling, Database Administration, and Performance Tuning).
- Experience coordinating information requirements of multiple departments, including assessment of usefulness, reliability, and cleanliness of data from several sources
- Solid understanding of Data Management and Metadata Management process and principles, with ability to effectively communicate and sell those ideas to others
- Enterprise-level design, development, and testing with any open-source or commercial databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, mySQL, or Oracle, with the ability to write complex queries, stored procedures, and triggers
- You've demonstrated lead-level capabilities in conceptual analysis, problem solving, and data analysis
- Strong SDLC knowledge and a familiarity with coding/scripting in C#,
Perl, Python, or Java
- You're a self-starter with the ability to manage projects and people autonomously
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both the Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance