Scrum Master (Closed)
The successful candidate will have a strong agile development and technical background, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of delivering projects in a growth mode start-up environment.
Development projects include building search engines for structured/un-structured data, providing e-commerce services for high volume consumer focused web sites, building state of the art web based marketing technologies, and driving innovation in rapidly accelerating web verticals.
- Coordinate the delivery of software by implementing agile based iterative software releases driven by the business objectives.
- Conduct daily Scrum meetings, track and communicate team velocity and release progress - ensure successful completion of all design, development, integration, test and deployment activities within the planned release cycles.
- Build partnerships across the web design,engineering operations/IT, QA, and engineering team and coordinate in a central role helping make important prioritization decisions and anticipate project roadblocks.
- Adapt project schedules and resource assignments as required throughout software release cycles to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the releases.
- Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
- Coach agile software development teams on Scrum methodology as implemented at Inflection and ensure that the development teams practice the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years as a Scrum Master in agile software development environment, preferably in a technology start-up (in consumer Internet technologies)
- History of successfully delivering continuous software releases using agile development methodologies
- Ability to delve into a technical problem and help drive the solution personally, if the need arises
- Experience working with off-shore engineering teams
- Experience in release management
- Must be "self-motivated" and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated
- Must be a "team-player" with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering