Scrum Master (Closed)
The successful candidate will have a strong agile development and technical background, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of delivering projects in a growth mode start-up environment.
Development projects include building search engines for structured/un-structured data, providing e-commerce services for high volume consumer focused web sites, building state of the art web based marketing technologies, and driving innovation in rapidly accelerating web verticals.
- Coordinate the delivery of software by implementing agile based iterative software releases driven by the business objectives.
- Conduct daily Scrum meetings, track and communicate team velocity and release progress - ensure successful completion of all design, development, integration, test and deployment activities within the planned release cycles.
- Build partnerships across the web design,engineering operations/IT, QA, and engineering team and coordinate in a central role helping make important prioritization decisions and anticipate project roadblocks.
- Adapt project schedules and resource assignments as required throughout software release cycles to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the releases.
- Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
- Coach agile software development teams on Scrum methodology as implemented at Inflection and ensure that the development teams practice the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years as a Scrum Master in agile software development environment, preferably in a technology start-up (in consumer Internet technologies)
- History of successfully delivering continuous software releases using agile development methodologies
- Ability to delve into a technical problem and help drive the solution personally, if the need arises
- Experience working with off-shore engineering teams
- Experience in release management
- Must be "self-motivated" and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated
- Must be a "team-player" with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both the Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance