Web Designer (Closed)
If, however, you want to spend each day basking in the satisfaction of realized potential, you should read on...
You've got moxie.
- You love building websites using emerging technologies, but still know when to use tables
- You're best at crafting html/css code, but have an aesthetic eye for design
- You thrive on split testing new ideas across millions of users
- You're not afraid to work with some of the most skilled engineers in the Silicon Valley
- You believe the work day should be dynamic, ever-evolving, and filled with free food
You're flexible (mentally--we have a yoga-free interview process).
- You're comfortable working within the design team
- Your eye for detail ensures our sites stay pretty, clean, and well maintained
- You like seeing features come to fruition and are able to jump into a project at any point in its lifecycle
- You thrive within our data-driven design culture, and can quickly react to changes and new feature requirements driven by our user analytics
- There's some marketer in you and you're well-prepped to create banners based on product team needs
- You're hip to the latest requirements for cross-browser compatibility and page optimization
You know your stuff:
- Strong foundation in (X)HTML, CSS, Javascipt, and XML
- Knowledge of browser idiosyncrasies back through IE6 (Yeah, IE6. We know.) and fluency in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera
- Intuitive and excellent visual eye
- Robust portfolio with working samples
- Your technical house is made of Adobe: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Fireworks
- You know what an XSLT is and want to learn advanced coding languages
- For extra-double-special credit, your background includes some direct marketing experience.