User Experience Designer (Closed)
If you're a compelling communicator with a razor-sharp eye for superb user experience and a collaborative spirit, you're what we want.
You flutter for flow charts:
- Our products' challenging flows and variables require a holistic vision of the overall user experience. You thrive where others may be unnerved.
- You're skilled at creating mockups and wireframes for visual designers from product managers' specs, while bearing broader business objectives in mind
- You intuitively bring simplicity to complex ideas
- While you don't need visual design skills, you're as comfortable working with designers as you are with engineers
- Even though you're hyper-focused on organization, you believe the work day should be dynamic, ever-evolving, and filled with free food
You know data and feedback is the path toward success:
- Our dedication to split-testing provides real-time analysis of user experience; this electrifies your passion for user satisfaction.
- You can work within project parameters, and aren't turned off when your idea doesn't test as well as another. In fact, you're inspired to improve the flow.
- You're an inveterate tester, comfortable gauging the experience of select customer segments, implementing eye-tracking concepts for cognitive engagement, and using a plethora of analytical tools.
You know your stuff:
- You have at least 1 year of experience in user experience for web applications or small-to-medium-sized businesses
- You're passionate about building useful products that will wow our customers and help shape an industry
- You want to play a role in defining user experience for innovative products at a fast-growing and profitable company, and you're committed to their long-term evolution
- You're as enthusiastic for big reinventions as you are for incremental iterations
- If you have direct experience in search or large-scale e-commerce or genealogy sites, that's a bonus
You want to do work that gets noticed:
- With the explosion of software and apps, we know that great User Experience Designers are in big-time demand. That's why we support the role vigorously
- You'll work with some of the Silicon Valley's best engineers to execute your ideas
- You'll get the start-up vibe, but with big-company perks and stability
- You'll have a direct and notable impact at a critical point in our growth
- You'll be given the best tools and resources to do your job
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both the Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance