User Experience Designer (Closed)
If you're a compelling communicator with a razor-sharp eye for superb user experience and a collaborative spirit, you're what we want.
You flutter for flow charts:
- Our products' challenging flows and variables require a holistic vision of the overall user experience. You thrive where others may be unnerved.
- You're skilled at creating mockups and wireframes for visual designers from product managers' specs, while bearing broader business objectives in mind
- You intuitively bring simplicity to complex ideas
- While you don't need visual design skills, you're as comfortable working with designers as you are with engineers
- Even though you're hyper-focused on organization, you believe the work day should be dynamic, ever-evolving, and filled with free food
You know data and feedback is the path toward success:
- Our dedication to split-testing provides real-time analysis of user experience; this electrifies your passion for user satisfaction.
- You can work within project parameters, and aren't turned off when your idea doesn't test as well as another. In fact, you're inspired to improve the flow.
- You're an inveterate tester, comfortable gauging the experience of select customer segments, implementing eye-tracking concepts for cognitive engagement, and using a plethora of analytical tools.
You know your stuff:
- You have at least 1 year of experience in user experience for web applications or small-to-medium-sized businesses
- You're passionate about building useful products that will wow our customers and help shape an industry
- You want to play a role in defining user experience for innovative products at a fast-growing and profitable company, and you're committed to their long-term evolution
- You're as enthusiastic for big reinventions as you are for incremental iterations
- If you have direct experience in search or large-scale e-commerce or genealogy sites, that's a bonus
You want to do work that gets noticed:
- With the explosion of software and apps, we know that great User Experience Designers are in big-time demand. That's why we support the role vigorously
- You'll work with some of the Silicon Valley's best engineers to execute your ideas
- You'll get the start-up vibe, but with big-company perks and stability
- You'll have a direct and notable impact at a critical point in our growth
- You'll be given the best tools and resources to do your job