Senior Visual Designer (closed)
If you're a compelling visual communicator with a razor-sharp eye for superb user experience and a collaborative spirit, you're what we want.
You flutter for flow charts:
- Our products' challenging flows and variables require a holistic vision of the overall user experience
- You're skilled at turning mockups and wireframes from product managers' specs into beautiful thoughtful web pages, and your skill makes for a short iterative process
- You intuitively bring simplicity to complex ideas
- You're as comfortable working with other designers as you are with developers
- You believe the work day should be dynamic, ever-evolving, and filled with free food
You know data and feedback is the path toward success:
- Our dedication to split-testing provides real-time analysis of user experience; this electrifies your passion for user satisfaction.
- You can work within project parameters, and aren't turned off when your idea doesn't test as well as another. In fact, you're inspired to improve the flow.
- You're an inveterate tester, comfortable gauging the experience of select customer segments, implementing eye-tracking concepts for cognitive engagement, and using a plethora of analytical tools.
You know your stuff:
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience in visual design for web applications or a small-to-medium-sized businesses
- Fluent in HTML/CSS and solid knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Fireworks
- You're passionate about designing useful products that wow our millions of users and help shape an industry
- You're as enthusiastic for big reinventions as you are for incremental iterations
- You've got a robust portfolio
- If you have direct experience in search or large-scale e-commerce or genealogy sites, that's a major bonus