Front End Developer (closed)
Inflection is on the hunt for a passionate Front End Developer that lives on the edge of technology and design. Do you like plugging away endlessly on tired old concepts while the internet marches on? That's a bummer. Sorry. We hear the typewriter industry is in resurgence.
If, however, you want to spend each day basking in the satisfaction of realized potential, you should read on...
You've got moxie.
- You love building websites using emerging technologies, but still know when to use tables
- You're best at crafting HTML/CSS code, but have an aesthetic eye for design
- You thrive on split testing new ideas across millions of users
- You're not afraid to work with some of the most skilled engineers in the Silicon Valley
- You believe the work day should be dynamic, ever-evolving, and filled with free food
You're flexible (mentally--we have a yoga-free interview process).
- You're comfortable working within the design team
- Your eye for detail ensures our sites stay pretty, clean, and well maintained
- You like seeing features come to fruition and are able to jump into a project at any point in its lifecycle
- You thrive within our data-driven design culture, and can quickly react to changes and new feature requirements driven by our user analytics
- You're hip to the latest requirements for cross-browser compatibility and page optimization
You know your stuff:
- Extremely familiar with HTML and HTML5, including the use of new HTML5 elements, attributes and features, as well as semantic markup best practices
- Confident with CSS3, ability to leverage new features while supporting older browsers with graceful degradation, you're keen on responsive design, efficient CSS markup, and you know how to make CSS dance with SASS.
- Knowledge of browser idiosyncrasies between IE6 - IE9 (Yeah, IE6. We know.) and Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera, and how to resolve those issues
- Intuitive and excellent visual eye
- Robust portfolio with working samples
- Your technical house is made of Photoshop, and Fireworks
- You know what an XSLT is and want to learn advanced coding languages
- You've worked extensively with some form of version management system (SVN, GIT, Mercurial, etc)
- For extra-double-special credit, your background includes some direct marketing experience
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both the Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance