Senior Developer, Business Intelligence (Qlikview) (Closed)
Inflection's Engineering Operations team underpins a broad array of company departments, including analytics, IT operations, data architecture, and off-platform engineering.
Why you'll fit in:
- You're skilled in Qlickview and have a rich background in Business Intelligence
- You're comfortable working with business stakeholders to understand and define reporting requirements and develop a solid report-building process
- Building and leading a small team doesn't scare you; it inspires.
- You can harness complex data sets to deliver efficient processes as our business rapidly expands
What you'll be doing:
- Use your extensive knowledge of Qlikview to improve the performance and scalability of existing dashboards and reports, and plan the strategy and architecture to advance and support analytics for all company departments
- Develop requirements and specifications in coordination with the Database Administrator and Data Architects to build data marts and warehouses to support BI and analytics
- Develop, extract, transform, and load (ETL) scripts and specifications to support ad hoc reporting for the Web Analytics group
- Create requirements and processes for new reports and dashboards throughout the entire product lifecycle, from business requirements to the final version inside Qlikview.
- Work with Engineering to specify data collection and transformation requirements and build report prototypes rapidly and accurately.
- Evaluate and recommend new tools in business intelligence, business reporting, and website analysis as necessary
- Work with business teams to synthesize key questions relevant to understanding our KPIs, BI needs and trends, and structure questions into relevant reports within the BI toolsets
- Participate in weekly meetings and maintain daily communication with users to compile requirements information and provide recommendations and solutions
- Translate knowledge from users' interaction to generate and maintain proper documentation including "as-built" documents on the dashboards and reports
- Perform quality assurance testing of reports and dashboards, and facilitate UAT sessions with users
You know your stuff:
- At least 7 years of experience as a BI developer using tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Business Objects, or QlikView
- At least 3 years of experience working in Qlikview with recent experience in Qlikview v9 or v10
- Architect, Design and Develop Business Intelligence applications using Qlikview, Microsoft SSAS, SSIS, SQL Server 2008 R2 or other ETL tools and follow change management process
- Experience leading a small team in Business Intelligence is a plus