Business Report Developer (Closed)
You may be a great fit for the team if the following statements resonate:
- You order juice smoothie with power boost in SQL syntax.
- You consider yourself a power user of at least one of the following BI tools: QlikView, Tableau, SpotFire, Weku, RapidMiner, Crystal Reports, MicroStrategy, Birst, or Busines Objects.
- You can build dashboards that communicate key business levers and highlight changes in KPIs.
- You can communicate the message of the numbers in tables, charts and graphs depending on your intended result.
- You have deep knowledge of Excel and VisualBasic in your back pocket to be able to get out of any jam where structured tools cannot support your reports, pulling in macros and pivot tables to support any fine tuning.
- You can listen in one ear to the needs of the business owner and in the other ear to the data structure from your data warehouse yet be able to output a report that meets the needs of each.
- You think data should only live to support the needs of the business - if the needs change the data or the reports must change to accommodate.
- Work across the functional lines of the business to build reports that allow for enhanced business decision making and rapid visualization of key trends and metrics.
- Develop key questions to drive a complete view of specifications and needs from the business owners upfront before technical building work.
- Leverage the Business Analyst team by drafting SQL statements and implementing ad hoc data pulls to support reporting projects.
- Work with DBA and Data Architect to specify more complex SQL pulls and to guide the database set up for optimal reporting performance.
- Create quick cut mock ups of your reports to gain buy in and rapid improvement feedback before implementation.
- Build out functional reports using SQL, QlikView, other BI tools and Excel. Choose the right tools based on the total business requirements and time to results.
- Manage a report demand queue to provide prioritized support for the needs across the business groups.
- Expand tool set options for Analytics by evaluating and recommending new tools in business intelligence, business reporting and website analysis
- BA or BS degree, preferably in a technical or analytic discipline.
- Intellectual curiosity and focused creativity.
- Team player who seeks out others to solve issues.
- Implementer who works through roadblocks to solve complex business and technicall challenges.
- At least three years directly working with SQL. Equal time spent working in Visual Basic or various BI tools.
- Knowledge of SQL data structures; able to draft queries; ability to parse complex statements.
- Previous experience in building or developing business reports for end users in a fast moving corporate setting.