Content Acquisition Specialist (Closed)
We've created 12 jobs for the Class of 2012, and they're anything but typical. While we appreciate your willingness to suck it up and pay your coffee-fetching dues somewhere, at Inflection, we know a good career starts with exposure to actual work. Especially work that reaches millions. This isn't a standard entry-level gig. Instead, you'll be given responsibilities that span every facet of Content Acquisition--your hands will most definitely get dirty. Filthy, even.
Why work at Inflection?
- We care more about results than process. We'll do our part with access to the best technology and resources
- A profitable business model in proven growing markets and backing from Tier One investors. We've been profitable since day 1
- Open and communicative environment with high-integrity values
- We take work seriously, but we most definitely do not take ourselves too seriously. If we did, would we have a full-time Happiness Engineer on staff?
- Rockstar teammates from successful startups, NASA's Space Program, and Harvard Business School who know how to have fun while winning!
What you'll be doing:
- Identify organizations with potentially valuable historical data collections (vital records, census, newspapers, obituaries, etc.)
- Conduct phone and email outreach to build relationships with records sources and organizations
- Manage dozens of relationships and pipelines concurrently. Prioritize opportunities based on value of data and likelihood of success.
- Monitor competitive landscape and partnerships and adjust your strategy as needed
- Negotiate terms, price, and other details with partners and vendors
- Report on detailed status of past, current, and future data acquisition activities
- Identify ways to improve current processes
- Work with Product Management to integrate new historical records into the product and promote them to users
- Possibly work with vendors to manage digitization projects from start to finish
- BA/BS degree required
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills
- Results oriented, able to balance and prioritize the most important tasks
- Motivated self-starter who is comfortable working with minimal direction
- Knowledge or experience working with US public records offices or in genealogy is a plus
- School or work experience in an sales or business development role is a plus
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both the Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance